The City of Harrison is served by a branch of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.
The origins of the Harrison Branch date back to 1880, when a private Library Association was formed by a small group of individuals in the community. A few years later, the H.L.A. collection merged with that of the Harrison Public School Students’ Library. In 1891, the collection was donated to the Village of Harrison with the proviso that the Village maintain a free library. In 1900, the Village Library turned its collection of books over to the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, which then established the Harrison Branch. The branch has been housed in a variety of locations over the years. In 2001, it moved to its present location, where a new state-of-the art facility was built to provide the Harrison community with the latest in library services and technology.